31 Aug 97: How to Write And Publish a Book With Marti Statler
You’ve been feeling the tug to write a book. You’re excited about your idea and the idea of people around the world reading your words… but then the ‘overwhelm truck’ hits you.
How do you start? What if it sucks? How the hell do I get published?
Have no fear – I’ve brought in Marti Statler, the book queen herself, to share her knowledge and tips on how to write and publish your book.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why Marti feels like ‘there is a book inside of everyone’
- What are the biggest obstacles stopping people from writing a book?
- Advice to aspiring authors who have the fear that ‘it’s already been done before’
- How your book can be repurposed into eight different pieces of content
- What is the value of a business owner writing a book?
- The process of writing a book when you have no fucking clue where to start
- Is ‘writer’s block’ a real thing?
- The publishing process and the different types of publishing options out there
- What’s the deal with royalties?
- Some benefits of going the traditional publishing route
- Tips on how to market your book?
Marti Statler, Owner and Founder of Rebel Queen, has 12 years of publishing experience (over 200 books!), and a major entrepreneurial spirit.
She works primarily with women entrepreneurs to write, publish, and market their books at any stage of their process. Her “no BS” approach to publishing and problem-solving—along with her tenacity to make things happen—is exactly why you want her in your corner to bring your message to the world.
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
To schedule a call with Marti click HERE
NOTEWORTHY QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
“And I think this is what was really helpful in like that passion growing, was really narrowing down, like, ‘what impact I want to make in my life, and who I want to work with, and how I want to work with them.’”
“…and most women who take risks are freaking rebel queens.”
“I feel like the shit that we go through in our day to day, in life in general, like, we do that, we come out on the other side, and I feel like our goal in that is to shorten somebody else’s learning curve, right?”
“And listen, writing a book is vulnerable… but it’s so good because it makes people feel connected.”
“Listen, it’s seriously, it’s all about timing. You can read the same damn book, three different times. And I’m probably guessing that each time you read that same damn book, something new is going to pop out at you.”
“Just do the fucking thing!”
“Give yourself some grace. Like the first draft, you just need to get it out of you, I do not want you to go back and try to fix your wording, or find a better adjective, I just want you to get it out.”
“A book is judged by their cover. Please dear God, consult a professional before you design a cover.”
CONNECT WITH MARTI STATLER
CONNECT WITH LAURAAURA
THANK YOU, GUTSY TRIBE!
We love, love, love to read your comments, feedback, and reviews. If you haven’t yet, drop us one below! Your review might even get highlighted within one of our gutsy love posts or on our website.